Orders & Returns
General Terms and Conditions for Retail
30 Day Returns
Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return a product within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
It's easy to return a product:
- Ship your unused product, (if possible in its original packaging), to Orange Tree Toys, Unit 10, Orchard Trading Estate, Toddington, Gloucestershire, GL54 5EB
- You are responsible for shipping the products back to us. We recommend using a trackable shipping method.
Individual products may be excluded from this guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.
When returning products, you are under a duty to take reasonable care to ensure that Orange Tree Toys Ltd receives the products and that the products are not damaged in transit. Therefore, for your protection, when you are returning a product to us, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. A collection service may be offered for some products (the Returns Documents will state if a collection service operates for your product).
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the products to us or for the use of the collection service unless it is defective (see below).
If the product you receive: (a) has been sent to you incorrectly due to the Orange Tree Toys Ltd's error; (b) is damaged; (c) does not conform to its description; (d) is not fit for purpose; or (e) is not of satisfactory quality, it is considered defective. Note that damage caused to the product once it is in your possession does not make the product defective and is beyond our responsibility.
If a product is defective, please contact Orange Tree Toys Ltd by telephone 01242 244500 or by email to email@example.com.
Defective products should be returned to Orange Tree Toys Ltd as soon as possible, and in any event, within 30 days of delivery.
In particular, please note that any items returned to the Orange Tree Toys Ltd which you claim to be faulty or incomplete are checked and verified by our technicians. Any returned items that are found not to be faulty or incomplete will be returned to you and we shall be entitled to charge you for the return carriage costs via your original payment method. In the event that your credit card has expired, or is declined we will hold the item(s) until full payment has been made for the return carriage.
Any items that you return to Orange Tree Toys Ltd are at your own risk, therefore we strongly advise all our customers to take reasonable care when returning any items to us for example, by ensuring the goods are correctly addressed, adequately packaged, and carried by a reputable carrier.
Format of the Contract
- Any order placed by you for goods advertised on this website is an offer by you to purchase the goods selected in your order. No contract exists for the sale of any goods until Orange Tree Toys Ltd have received your order and accepted it (which they may do at their discretion).
- Orange Tree Toys Ltd will send you an order acknowledgement shortly after you place your order by e-mail, notifying you that we have received your order.
- The contract itself shall only be completed when your order is accepted which shall occur, at the latest, on delivery of the goods. You will be contracting with us as the manufacturer/distributor/importer of the goods. If we cannot accept your order (for example (but without limitation) because the goods are found to be unavailable) Orange Tree Toys Ltd will notify you by telephone and/or email.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see Your Right of Cancellation below).
- Orange Tree Toys Ltd have the right to terminate the contract if the price of the goods is not received from you in cleared funds (in accordance with Payment terms below).
- We may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from this Site unless expressly authorised by us
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these terms.
Description and price of the goods
The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the website at the time you place your order. The images of the goods on the website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the goods. Your goods may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of the goods may vary from that shown on images on the website.
We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will tell you and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
To avoid any doubt, where goods are unavailable and you order alternative goods from us, or where goods have been mis-priced and you subsequently order such goods at the correct price, these terms of sale shall apply to the order and the supply of the relevant goods, whether the order is placed through our website or otherwise.
In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a packing and delivery charge for the goods, details of which are clearly displayed on our websites before the point that you complete your order.
The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
Ownership of the goods shall not pass to you until we have received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of the goods.
All new goods supplied through our website are warranted free from defects. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If new goods develop a defect during warranty period, you should follow the Orange Tree Toys Ltd Returns procedure (see below). In the event of a valid claim for a defect in the new goods, Orange Tree Toys Ltd will (at its option) either:
- replace those goods, if Orange Tree Toys Ltd has available the same goods at the same price;
- repair those goods; or
- refund or re-credit you the sum you have paid for the relevant goods within 14 days of the date that the relevant goods are returned in accordance with the Orange Tree Toys Ltd Returns procedure (see below).
- return goods to the manufacturer for repair or replacement
The warranties in above do not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use, failure to follow the Orange Tree Toys Ltd’s instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without our prior written approval.
If the goods supplied to you are damaged in transit, you should notify Orange Tree Toys Ltd in writing or via email as soon as possible of the goods and return the goods to Orange Tree Toys Ltd in accordance with our returns policy (see Returns below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at your discretion) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
If the goods supplied to you are faulty or incomplete on arrival (whether or not they were damaged in transit), you must notify us as soon as possible and return the goods to us in accordance with our returns policy (see below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at your option) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
All product specifications, illustrations, drawings, particulars, dimensions, performance data and other information on the Site or made available by us are intended to represent no more than a general illustration of the goods and do not constitute a warranty or representation by us that the goods will conform with the same. You must refer to the manufacturer's specifications or warranty documentation to determine your rights and remedies in this regard.
You may have the benefit of the manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the Products supplied and should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the Product in this regard. (If applicable, a Return Policy may also set out procedures applicable to repairs or replacement of defective Products delivered.)
Limitation of Liability
Orange Tree Toys Ltd shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by ourselves, or by our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any term of this contract.
Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits our liability or for death or personal injury caused by intention, negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase Products from our Website.
Orange Tree Toys Ltd have no liability for loss of profit or for any indirect, special or consequential loss of damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the supply or non-supply of the Products (including any delay in supplying the Products) or their use or resale by you. Other than as set out above our entire liability for any order for Products from you will be limited to the total price of the Products ordered by you.
NOTHING IN THESE CONDITIONS SHALL OR BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR EXCLUDING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU, WHERE UNDER MANDATORY LAWS APPLICABLE IN YOUR TERRITORY, SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY CONTRACT.
Provided you are an individual consumer, resident in the European Union who orders goods for a purpose that can neither be attributed to your commercial activity nor to any independent professional activity, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 30 days after you receive the goods (see below).
The cancellation period shall begin when the goods have been delivered to you.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give notice to Orange Tree Toys Ltd, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Please note that your cancellation does not have to contain any reasons.
The notice of cancellation shall be addressed to Orange Tree Toys Ltd, Unit 10, Orchard Trading Estate, Toddington, Gloucestershire, GL54 5EB or Telephone 01242 244500 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel an order within the Cancellation Period and have not already received the product, Orange Tree Toys Ltd will refund or re-credit you within 14 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods. Orange Tree Toys Ltd may refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
If you cancel an order within the Cancellation Period but have already received the product, you must return the product as soon as possible to Orange Tree Toys Ltd and, in any event, within 30 days of Delivery. The details of where to return the product will be set out in the Returns Documents. You are responsible for the cost of returning the product using a suitable tracked and insured shipment method. If Orange Tree Toys Ltd does not receive the product back from you, we may arrange for collection of the product from your delivery address at your cost. Orange Tree Toys Ltd will refund or re-credit you within 14 days (of Orange Tree Toys Ltd receiving the returned/cancelled order) for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods.